NEWS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Brandon, MB – Friday January 6, 2017
January 17-19 officially proclaimed “Manitoba Ag Days”!
With 11 days until the Ag year truly begins, the City of Brandon officially proclaimed January 17-19,2017 to be “Manitoba Ag Days”. The show has once again expanded and will have over 550 exhibitors in attendance under 10 acres of indoor space in the Brandon Keystone Centre to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the event.
To help celebrate the 40th Anniversary there are several key highlights to point out
- It’s our 40th Anniversary: What started out as a one room weed fair is now Canada’s largest indoor farm show!
- Canada’s Largest Indoor Farm show is even bigger! Over 19,000 square feet of floor space has been added by the addition of Brandon Curling club. With that we have welcome an additional 62 exhibitors and expanded many existing exhibitors’ floor space.
- Manitoba’s own Big Roy will be on display as he is celebrating his 40th Anniversary as well!
- Admission and parking is free! The last show of it’s kind to remain completely complimentary.
- Our free speaker program includes over 60 speakers on a variety of topics. CBC’s Terry O’Reilly, Little Potato Company’s Angela Santiago, World Weather Inc’s Drew Learner and Oil World’s Thomas Mielke are just a few highlights.
- The annual Kick Off Breakfast will be held at the Canad Inn’s Roadhouse Tuesday January 17 beginning at 7:30 AM with a minimum $5 donation going to Ag In the Classroom – Manitoba.
- To help celebrate our 40th, exhibitors and patrons are encouraged to display or wear some of the “ag nostalgia” they have hidden in their closets. Prizes will be awarded throughout the 3 days of the show.
- The Inventor’s showcase includes 17 New Invention
- The show is featuring 17 New Products new to the market this year!
- Bull Congress is full and overflowing into the Kinsmen Arena
- Farm Safety Feature Competition will take place will all exhibitor’s encouraged to display a farm safety message.
- Canadian Agriculture Safety Association (CASA) will be launching their grain entrapment training unit.
- 50/50 draw will continue with a 40th Anniversary Bonus draw for a trip for two to Las Vegas compliments of Manitoba Ag Days! All funds raised from the 50/50 draw go back to the Manitoba Ag Days Gives Back program.
- Manitoba Ag Days Gives Back will announce this years’ recipients on Tuesday January 17th at 1 PM in the FCC Theatre.
- Manitoba Ag Day’s Adventure with Manitoba Ag In the Classroom will take place throughout the show with this year’s theme “Agriculture- Think Global, Act Local” highlighting a global perspective.
- Manitoba Ag Days Social Wednesday January 18th at Houston’s Country Roadhouse Featuring David James and Chad Brownlee.
Please stay tuned for further press releases or review previous press releases at https://www.agdays.com/news/ . We will once again be utilizing social media and encourage all our media to use #agdays17. Follow us on Twitter @MBAgDays or on Facebook at Manitoba Ag Days.
For more information regarding Manitoba Ag Days please contact Kristen Phillips, Manitoba Ag Days General Manager at (204)728-4137 firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Guthrie, Manitoba Ag Days Media Coordinator (204)851-7229 email@example.com.